1.06.2011

Question: Math proof

"As we all know a solution for x² = y² + z² is 5² = 4² + 3². There are infinite solutions. But, are there any solutions for equations in the form x^n = y^n + z^n for all natural numbers n > 2? "

Good thing I just read the TG comic: Math help, so I'm fully qualified to answer this question. Whoever asked this certainly was a tricky one thinking that one cannot be smart and sexy at the same time. I know by now everyone is wondering what the answer is! After running some calculations on the blackboard...


The answer is No.

Look up "Fermat's Last Theorem" if you are a sexy math geek.

Ask me anything you want. I'll answer anything! The is the limit.

2 comments:

  1. @Linda,

    I'm sure you were just thinking about asking it too. You have to be faster next time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete