3.12.2011

Question: What websites would you recommend to find out where on the trans-gender spectrum you land?

I really have not explored at any length good websites on these kind of tests. A few months ago I posted my results of the COGIATI test. Run a search on google for 'cogiati' and you'll find lots of sites that can give you the test. However, keep in mind it is only for entertainment purposes. Generally, tests that label or try to predict behavior are just very hard to be accurate. The test needs to be very well designed and even if it is, it would still be a challenge to capture the intricacies and complexity of the human mind.

Take the test, any test, and have fun with it. Don't take it too seriously. Be what you want to be and don't let labels define you.

2 comments:

  1. "Be what you want to be and don't let labels define you." Bravo Sasha. I can't think of a better way to put this!

    I personally have never liked strict labels. Am I a cross dreamer? cross dresser? trans sexual? trans gender? transformee wannabe? I can imagine scenarios where I could answer yes and no to each of these, because the way I feel is far more complex than a simple word can convey.

    I am sure there are more 'learned' opinions out there than mine, but I believe each individual person should look into themselves and know themselves instead of letting a test tell them what is going on.

    And when I think if a test to tell you where you are on a particular 'spectrum' I always think of diseases and disorders. And I most certainly do not consider 'trans-gender' to be either a disease or a disorder.

    Know thyself and Love thyself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Caitlyn, Sure there are a better way to put it. You just did it. Wise words my friend.

    ReplyDelete